From 1st August 2019 we will officially start the clubs new Performance Centre. Two age groups will be initially coached by the club with a view to further expansion. The Performance Centre will also administer a new Lancaster City U18 team which will feed directly into the reserves and 1st team as well as playing in the FA Youth Cup.
The Performance Centre is designed to raise the quality of football in Lancaster, supporting all current clubs and providing further opportunities for development with the ultimate aim of players moving into the 1st team at the areas senior football club.
The Performance Centre will also arrange friendly games with other semi-professional and professional clubs to aid player development, these games will take place during the week so as not to clash with players current club commitments.
Performance Centre sessions will run for 44 weeks of the year with the following features,
· A safe and developmental environment
· Elite level coaching from FA and UEFA licenced coaches
· Showcase games with professional clubs
· A holistic approach to developing the whole player
· Bespoke goalkeeper coaching provision
· Medical support for players with injuries, including rehabilitation programmes
· Masterclass sessions from professionals in the game
· High level equipment and facilities
· Free tickets to Lancaster City FC home fixtures
· Progression routes into the City football club
Players will be recruited using a number of different methods, some selected through a scouting programme, others invited back following attendance at some of the summer development centre free training days.
Age Group Available places
U14 Development Centre 18
U15/16 Development Centre 20
U18 Squad 20
For further information contact us on email@example.com
You can also follow the LCFC Performance Centre of Facebook here